The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Harhi College was formed in September 2013, just after accreditation of NAAC to activate the process of developing the capabilities of the college and to raise the standard of the college through continuous improvement in quality. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has become a part of an institution’s system and has been working towards realising the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the college. The IQAC strives to make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of the college. It has been channelizing the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for ensuring:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- The adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the college
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Chairperson: Dr. Manash Jyoti Neog, Principal.
- Coordinator: Mr. Manabjyoti Hazarika.
- Assistant Coordinator: Mr. Rajesh Chetia
- Teacher Members: Mr. Thagendra Chutia.
- Representative from the Governing Body: Mr. Khirud Saikia. (Social Worker)
- Representative of the local society: Mr. Prasanta Hiloidari (Advocate)
- Mr. Manabjyoti Hazarika. Coordinator – +919435775266
- Official website: harhicollege.org
- Official e-mail Address: email@example.com
Minutesof the Programme of IQAC , Harhi College
RoadShow, Date : 20/03/2015
TheIQAC of Harhi College has presented a Road Show as a form of StreetDrama in the college campus and nearest market place on theconservation of Vulture. The IQAC has selected to present thisparticular show, because to protect the increasing destructiveinstinct to the nature and preserve the Wildlife. A popular NGO ABHAin this locality has collaborated to success this programme.
CampusPlantation Programme : Date 05/06/2015
TheIQAC of Harhi College has organised a campus plantation programme inconsonance with the World Environment Day on 5th June2015. Dr. Manash Jyoti Neog, Principal of Harhi college, and MrAnanda Bharali, Vice Principal, Harhi College has inaugurated thethis programme. The programme has successfully completed with thehelp of Women Cell, Harhi College. All the teachers and many students have actively participated and planted in differentplaces of the campus.
SpecialTalk on Life Skills: Date 31/10/2015
Prominenttrainers on life skills Mr Pranjal Buragohain, Asst. Professor inSociology and Mr Manuj Kr. Dutta , Asst. Prof in MSW, both fromDibrugarh University has presented a special talk on Life Skillsamong the Students. The programme holds in the Girls’ Hostel ofHarhi College which had organised by IQAC, Harhi College. Dr. ManashJyoti Neog, Principal of our college had inaugurated this programme.
Workshopon Carrier Counselling and Guidance: Date 01/04/2016
TheIQAC of Harhi College has organised a Workshop on Carrier Counsellingand Guidance by the help of the University of Science and Technology,Meghalaya, USTM. The programme has inaugurated by Dr. Manash JyotiNeog, Principal of Harhi College and Mr P Buragohain, Asst. Prof ofthe USTM and Mr B. Borah, Programme Director, Students Welfare haveparticipated as resource person and delivered valuable speech on theselection of right trades after completion of degree. All teachersand student have present in this programme. Mr Manabjyoti Hazarika,Co-Ordinator of IQAC has given the vote of thanks to all thecommunity.
ClusterProgramme and Workshop on Choice Based Credit System : Date30/04/2016
TheIQAC of Harhi College has organised a Cluster Programme and Workshopon Choice Based Credit System on 30th April 2016 incollaboration with Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh. In this programmeProf. Alok Kumar Buragohain, Vice- Canceller of Dibrugarh University,has participated as dignified and resource person and delivered avaluable lecture on this particular topic. As many as two hundredCollege Teachers and employee from different college haveparticipated and contribute to success the programme.
NationalUnity Day : Date 02/11/2016
TheIQAC has observed the National Unity Day (Rastriya Ekta Divas) togive the honour of Sardar Ballavbhai Petel, the Great nationalmartier of India. This programme organised by NSS Unit of the collegewith the help of IQAC. Dr Deep Dutta , the Vice Principal of thecollege has inaugurated the and Mr Rajesh Chetia theProgramme Officer of NSS Unit has delivered a speech about lifehistory, implementation of national movement by him. Two numbers ofstudents have delivered the lecture on the life and activities of theSardar Ballavbhai Petel and two numbers have recited the poemnationhood.
Workshopon Accessibility of information on NAAC : Date 14/11/2017
TheIQAC of Harhi College has organised a workshop on Accessibility ofinformation on NAAC on 14th November 2017. After inauguralspeech by Dr. Manash Jyoti Neog, Principal of Harhi college, Dr BubulKr. Saikia, Principal of L.T.K. College has delivered a valuablelecture on importance of accreditation of NAAC and all segments ofsubject related to NAAC by using documentation of different sections.All staff including Teachers and employees have participated in thissession.